19 Jun Reading Religious Books for your Benefit
For those who do not like reading, it may be difficult to get hold of any book. Those who do like reading but hate philosophical or religious books are another factor. But those who love both reading and reading such books are in a win-win situation. They wouldn’t mind reading about questions like why does God allow suffering or are all Christian’s hypocrites?
Why are spiritual or religious books good for you?
- The benefits of such books are many. You get to have another perspective of life than your own. It opens doors to new views and opinions that may just help you in the time of need.
- To quench the curiosity is another reason. Whether you believe in God or not, the book gives you knowledge and power. You may think about it scientifically or how real is God? Whether you believe in answers or not, at least you know about religion.
- Helps you move forward- The path religious books show is incredible. It acts as guidance for those facing problems. Those who feel lost often ask for a light and these book help. Do they do help in answering what is mercy? Yes, they do and give you a path to walk ahead.
How to read them?
- Read with breaks- For beginners, it will be difficult to try such books. Wouldn’t it be confusing to know about who is the antichrist? While reading chapters, take breaks. Listen to music, take a walk, do other chores. It is important to come back with a fresh mind for better attention. Reading such books is always difficult to understand.
- Read slowly and understand- You are not in a competition to end the book. Read it slow and take your time. It may take time to grasp instead of reading it just for the heck of it. Every sentence matters here. If you reading it fast, you are missing the essence of it, or skipping words.
Ask for any doubts- We tend to read meaningful books without really understanding. Unless you have understood it completely, you can ask your elders, peers, or even the priest for anything related to it. Sometimes even after having the answers to the question in your book, you have doubts. Clarity is important. Do not have hesitations to ask whether Satan is real? Don’t worry about people judging you in this process.